The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed Underground Airlines by Ben H. Winters.
- On Tuesday I showed you the series I’m procrastinating.
- On Wednesday I reviewed Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys.
- On Thursday I did the Mid-Year Freak Out Tag.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I mini review some poetry collections.
- On Tuesday I show you the best books I’ve read so far this year.
- On Wednesday I review A Manuel for Cleaning Women: Selected Stories by Lucia Berlin.
- On Saturday there’s a book haul.
In My Reading Life
Last week, I finished The Girls by Emma Cline and tried to read A Fortune-Teller Told Me: Earthbound Travels in the Far East by Tiziano Terzani. I read more than half of it before I DNFed. The author/narrator got on my nerves. One of my pet peeves is when a person gets the opportunity to do something amazing and then complains nonstop about it. To research this book, the author got to spend a year meandering through Asia, but the book is just him complaining about how modern and touristy Asia is. No thanks. After I DNFed that one, I started Year of Wonders by Geraldine Brooks.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- I’m on a hiking trip right now. Hopefully I’m taking lots of photos to show you.
- It was my dog’s birthday. My baby is 9. Honestly, I forgot it was her birthday until the day after, but I don’t feel too bad because she doesn’t know it was her birthday.
- Remember the #NeilCake hashtag on Twitter? It raised $111,771 to help refugees. Thank you to everyone who donated.
- Speaking of refugees and Twitter, my review of The Optician of Lampedusa has nearly 300 pageviews. That’s an insane number of views for a review on this blog. Most of the traffic came from Twitter. If you’re interested in the refugee crisis, I strongly recommend reading The Optician of Lampedusa. It’s very short, and you’ll learn stuff.
- New John Green Book? What?
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!