Sunday, October 4, 2015

The Sunday Post #21


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news.


On The Blog Last Week





On The Blog This Week


  • On Monday I review Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira.
  • On Tuesday I list all of the series I’ve abandoned so far this year.
  • On Wednesday I review The Sound and the Fury by William Faulkner.
  • On Thursday I list ten symptoms of reading too much young adult fiction.
  • On Friday I get superpowers.
  • On Saturday I might show you my Printz Award books. (This post depends entirely upon my awful photography skills.)



In My Reading Life


I finally finished The Sound and the Fury. It only took me a month. I had to read the first half of the book three times to fully understand what the heck was going on. All of you people who think that nonlinear narrative structures are confusing should try reading Faulkner. He takes confusing to a whole new level. I loved the book, though.

I also read Vengeance Road by Erin Bowman last week. Up next is The Weight of Feathers by Anna-Marie McLemore.



In My Blogging Life


I added a “Blogs I Stalk” thingy to the blog. Go click on it. It’s over there somewhere. ----->
Those are my current favorite blogs. I’ll add more as I discover new favorites.



In The Rest Of My Life


Five things that made me happy last week:

  1. It’s fall! That means it’s not a billion degrees right now.
  2. My assistantship was renewed, and I get to work more hours next year.
  3. I actually had time for reading last week. I felt like I barely read anything in September because I was so busy.
  4. The deer are coming down from the mountains. I like seeing them because their fur is all cute and fuzzy for winter.
  5. I found a vintage drawing of a chubby man riding a chicken. It was drawn in the 1850s. I don’t know why.




I hope you had a great week. I’ll see you around the blogosphere.








7 comments:

  1. Yay for fall even though it's not showing it here in Northern Ireland LOL I love its start at midnight's blog. I also love Lost in Literature with Becca and Lisa you should check it out. Have a great week.

    Megan @ http://readingawaythedays.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation! I’ll check out Lost in Literature.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  2. Woot Woot made the blogs stalked on the side! Thanks! I really need ot add that to mine too. I am just so lazy lately. I am excited to see your thoughts on Love Letters to the Dead this week. I really need to get my hands on The Weight of Feathers. I am also happy for the fall. Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, I wish there was fall here :( But nope, no seasons in my country HAHA. But omg, YAY I'm looking forward to your ten symptoms of reading too much young adult fiction post ;)

    Maryam @ Once Upon A Story

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can’t imagine living in a place that doesn’t have seasons. That would be strange for me.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  4. Haha nice. I really needed to see a portly bloke riding a chicken today.

    ReplyDelete