Sunday, December 6, 2015

The Sunday Post #27


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news.


On The Blog Last Week






On The Blog This Week


  • On Monday I review The House of the Scorpion by Nancy Farmer.
  • On Tuesday I list the top ten authors I discovered in 2015.
  • On Wednesday I review Project X by Jim Shepard.
  • On Saturday I’ll show you my new books (if I can get the post done).




In My Reading Life


I spent most of last week reading for the essay I’m writing, but I did finish Carry On by Rainbow Rowell. It was awesome. I have no idea what I’m going to read next because my life is controlled by the essay.



In My Blogging Life


I’m deciding what to do with the blog next year. How important is it to have a review archive? I’ve seen them on other blogs, and I’m thinking about making one. Are they worth all the work of making them?



In The Rest Of My Life


Five things that made me happy last week:

  1. Rainbow Rowell’s Carry On is hilarious.
  2. Pizza!
  3. New books!
  4. I wrote 19 pages of my giant essay. It’s been stressful, but not as stressful as I expected.
  5. Modern medicine. I have bronchitis, and Advil makes me whine about my chest pain and headaches slightly less often.



I hope you had a great week! See you around the blogosphere!








11 comments:

  1. Oh so happy to see Carry On was one you enjoyed. I am 4th on the list at the library for it. I am always happy for pizza and new books :) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I use Ultimate Book Blogger plugin and it does my review archives automatically. You would have to switch to WP to use it (I prefer WP) but Ashley at Noze Graze can tell you exactly how to do it all! Check it out at nosegraze.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pizza and books are always good. Essays not so much, but 19 pages- sounds like you have a good start. Hope you feel better... bronchitis is no fun.

    I don't know about archives, mine is seriously out of date and I need to put some time into updating it- but never do. One of these days ...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I worry that my archives will get out of date, and I’ll be too lazy to update them.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  4. Damn that essay sounds like a pain, you'll feel great when it's done though and you've already made a great start so good luck with it! Also I hope you feel better soon :) have a great week
    Enchanted by YA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm glad you enjoyed Carry On and I hope you keep progressing with your essay. It sounds like it's a huge commitment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The essay is a big commitment, but it’ll be done soon. Then I can move on to something fun.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete
  6. Oh dear. I hope you get to feign better!
    I still want to read Carry On. Everyone says it's amazing!!!

    Carrie @The Book Goddess

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I’m one of the people who thinks that Carry On is amazing. If you read it, I hope you love it.

      Aj @ Read All The Things!

      Delete