Sunday, December 13, 2015

The Sunday Post #28


The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news.


On the blog last week





On the blog this week


  • On Monday I review Carry On by Rainbow Rowell.
  • On Tuesday I list my favorite grown-up books of 2015.
  • On Wednesday I review The Collector by John Fowles.
  • On Thursday I discuss the hype train.
  • On Saturday I show you more new books.



In my reading life


My giant essay is still controlling my reading life. Last week, I finished The Collector by John Fowels, and I read most of Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie. I’m also slowly and painfully working my way through Burning Down the House: Essays on Fiction by Charles Baxter.


In my blogging life


I’m happy to announce that I will be participating in the 2016 Discussion Challenge hosted by Feed Your Fiction Addiction and It Starts at Midnight. I hope it motivates me to do more discussion posts. Discussions take me forever to write, and I have a hard time coming up with subjects that haven’t already been discussed to death. I’m open to suggestions for discussion posts if anybody has any.


In the rest of my life


Five things that made me happy last week:

  1. The Christmas tree is up.
  2. Christmas cookies!
  3. More new books.
  4. The first draft of the giant essay is done. (It's 28 pages.)
  5. Dancing to this song while writing the giant essay.




I hope you had a great week. See you around the blogosphere!









7 comments:

  1. I also find it hard to come up with good discussion topics. I'll have to think about joining that challenge. Yay for Christmas tree being up and cookies!! We did cookies yesterday and I have eaten so many already!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for your Christmas tree! And getting the first draft of your giant essay done! I hope I never have to write an essay that large. I might die. Hopefully now that the first draft is done it won't be controlling your life as much! Hope you have a great week!!

    My Sunday Post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep dancing! Sounds like you are almost wrapped up. LOL

    My Sunday Post - http://fuonlyknew.com/2015/12/13/whats-new-on-my-bookshelf-139-and-the-sunday-post/

    ReplyDelete
  4. My brother has been telling me about The House of Scorpion for years! I'll definitely check out your review! Good luck with the discussion challenge next year! :D

    Here's my Weekly Recap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay! I'm glad you're joining us for the Discussion Challenge! We do put some suggestions in every month on the link-up post, so maybe those will help. I agree that it's hard to always come up with new and unique topics - though sometimes YOUR perspective on a topic that's already been talked about is just as fun!

    Nicole @ Feed Your Fiction Addiction

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugghh...I know what it's like to do huge essays during the holidays. It's so frustrating! Here's my Sunday Post:

    http://rabbitearsbookblog.blogspot.com/2015/12/the-sunday-post-meme-37.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally understand you by an essay controlling your life. For me, it was my psych research and that barely let me read for two weeks. I'm finally done so that means reading time! I hope you finish soon and can have time to relax :)

    ReplyDelete