The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier.
- On Tuesday I showed you what I’m going to read this fall.
- On Wednesday I reviewed Treasure Island by Robert Louis Stevenson.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I review The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli.
- On Tuesday we talk about cult characters.
- On Wednesday I review Good Bones and Simple Murders by Margaret Atwood.
- On Thursday I do the Liebster Award Tag.
- On Saturday there might be a book haul. I haven’t done one of those posts in months. It’s probably time.
In My Reading Life
I started the week with epic eyestrain, so I read a bunch of short books with big font. I finished Smoke Gets in Your Eyes: And Other Lessons from the Crematory by Caitlin Doughty. Then I read The One Hundred Nights of Hero by Isabel Greenberg and All the Broken Pieces by Ann E. Burg. Then I reread one of my favorite Stephen King novellas, The Body. Right now, I’m reading The Poet’s Handbook by Judson Jerome and Adam of the Road by Elizabeth Janet Gray.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- In my part of the world, it’s officially fall.
- Caramel apples.
- Since my eyes hurt too much to sleep, and reading was hard, I watched a bunch of blurry movies. I saw/listened to Hidden Figures, My Cousin Rachel, The Conjuring, and Avatar. They were all entertaining.
- Walking my dogs at night. I like walking at night, even though it’s really dark, and I’m slightly worried about getting run over by a bicycle. Around here, the competitive cyclists train 24/7.
- New books!
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!