The Sunday Post is hosted by The Caffeinated Book Reviewer. It’s a chance to recap the past week, talk about next week, and share news. It’s Monday, What Are You Reading? is hosted by Book Date. I get to tell you what I’ve read recently.
On The Blog Last Week
- On Monday I reviewed The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins.
- On Wednesday I reviewed The Lottery and Other Stories by Shirley Jackson.
- On Thursday I wrapped up June.
- On Saturday I showed you my new books.
On The Blog This Week
- On Monday I review There Once Lived A Mother Who Loved Her Children, Until They Moved Back In: Three Novellas About Family by Ludmilla Petrushevskaya.
- On Wednesday I review The Ghosts of Heaven by Marcus Sedgwick.
- On Thursday I whine about how rereading ruins everything. (And yet I keep doing it.)
In My Reading Life
Last week, I finished Snow Falling on Cedars by David Guterson. Then I reread The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton in honor of that book’s 50th birthday. The Outsiders was one of my favorite books as a kid. Then I read The Love Interest by Cale Dietrich. Right now, I’m reading The Hate U Give by Angie Thomas.
In The Rest Of My Life
Five things that made me happy last week:
- July 4th holiday. I wandered around in the dark and looked at fireworks. And, I don’t think I stepped on any toads. There were so many toads! I don’t know if the fireworks scared them, or if armies of toads come out every night.
- My mom made America cake. It was just chocolate cake with patriotic sprinkles, but it was good.
- Also on July 4, I tried Korean food for the first time. I’m not exactly sure what I ate, but I want more of it.
- I got a lot of reading done.
- The Love Interest made me laugh. YA needs more satire.
Take care of yourselves and be kind to each other! See you around the blogosphere!